Thursday, November 20, 2008

ABC: Destiny Calls

So I bring good news and bad news with this post. As you can see, the new poster for the fifth season of LOST has been released, and I think it's pretty great. It nicely reflects the tone of the first season poster and has a side-by-side comparison of who is still lost. Also, check out this trailer:



With only two seasons to go, we'll hopefully start getting some bigger answers to questions, but I must admit that the weekly thrills are strong enough to keep me invested in this show.And now the bad news. And what bad news it is. ABC has decided to cancel Pushing Daisies, which is probably my favorite show currently in production (though I guess that isn't a proper descriptive anymore). The story of Ned the Piemaker and a girl named Chuck is one of the sweetest, funniest, and darkest worlds I have ever seen. Everything about it seemed to click with me, and, based on last year's ratings, it looked like the public at large was finally developing good taste. Sadly, there are now only about 9 episodes left, and what will become the finale apparently ends on a bit of a cliffhanger.

Bryan Fuller has said that he will do everything possible to finish the story in a movie or a comic book (he has said that he has a planned ending to Ned and Chuck's relationship), but time will tell if either of those comes to pass.

Up next: How happy is the blameless vestal's lot!...

No comments: