Monday, April 6, 2009

Two Rather Unrelated Worlds

I had planned to just do a series on Adult Swim's The Venture Bros. because it tied in with the comic book posts I just did (which had a lot of TV posts interspersed). Venture is a show that parodies things like Johnny Quest, Marvel and DC comics, music, and pulp novels. I still plan on doing a post series on Venture next, but I saw the play RENT for the first time this weekend, and I really enjoyed it. I then realized that it is, in some ways, the opposite side of the coin occupied by Avenue Q (or really, Avenue Q is the opposite side of RENT because RENT came first), and I thought of my comparison of Runaways and Young Avengers. I thought that I had as good an opening as any to talk about the play.

Up next: Go Team Venture!...

No comments: