Friday, January 11, 2008

Juno: A Brief Note


Sorry I've been gone for a while, I was out of town. Anyway, I'll get back to Arrested Development and Veronica Mars right after this brief mention of Juno. While on my trip, I saw Juno again, and it remains awesome. However, I noticed something strange. The first time I saw the movie, I was expecting Jason Bateman's character Mark to make a move on Juno, especially during the scene in the basement. The second time I saw it, I was not expecting him to make a move on her, because he doesn't (explicitly), but this time around, Mark came off as much creepier in that scene. I maintain my position that Mark did what he thought was best, but in that one basement scene, it almost seemed as if he were trying to put the moves on Juno. I found it very strange how expecting Mark to be creepy made him not so while the lack of expectation is what made him seem more creepy.

Anyway, back to Veronica...

No comments: