Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Pushing Daisies: A Touch of Awesome

Because I am law school, my available time to do my nerdy things, like watch TV and write this blog (I've been pretty good about it lately, though) has vastly decreased. However, I am going to do everything I can to stay on top of at least one show this year, Pushing Daisies. I don't know if I'll be able to watch and/or write about it every week, but this was the first new episode we've had in many months, and I couldn't not acknowledge it!

It looks like a few months have passed since Aunt Lily made her shocking revelation to Olive, and although Ned and Chuck are back on speaking terms, things aren't any less complicated at the Pie Hole. Olive's role as secret keeper for Lily (she's Chuck's mother), Chuck (she's alive), and herself (she loves Ned) is taking its toll on her, and when Aunts Lily and Vivian show up at the Hole, she nearly goes crazy. In order to keep her quiet, Lily shuttles her off to the nunnery where she went to give birth to Chuck (let's just say she has a pretty good reason to keep the maternity issue a secret from Vivian).

Meanwhile, Ned, Emerson, and Chuck are still solving mysteries together, and this week, due to Chuck's vast knowledge of bees, she takes her most active role yet by becoming the inside (wo)man at a honey-based cosmetics company. Of course, while the mysteries are fun, they are not why we watch this show. The crazy sets, great word-play, and sweetly mature double entendres make this show like nothing else on television. I commented to a friend that my love for this show may be unhealthy for a guy my age, but I don't care. It makes me smile and breaks my heart at the same time, and I like stories that make me run the emotional gamut.

Upcoming stories look like they'll expand on things that were hinted upon last year, and I cannot wait to see what happens next.

Up next: Shades of gray...

No comments: