Monday, July 27, 2009

Comic Con: Preparing for Next Year

First up, I want to thank Ain't It Cool News for posting these stories. In the LOST article, they reported on a lot of serious and humorous events from the LOST panel, many of which made me happy to hear. However, after 5 seasons, I am a little weary of believing everything they say; in the past, they have said things in order to misdirect us (they said a lot of things were going to happen in the Season 1 finale, only to either have the exact opposite happen, or to wait years for the event to actually occur. Other times, they have promised something, only to have to push it back (I think they have finally realized that they will never tell Libby's story, regardless of the promises at the end of Seasons 3 and 4). I am excited to see that (they claim) Juliet and Daniel are coming back. Unfortunately, because I am abroad right now, I cannot watch all the videos. I WAS able to watch the last one, marked "Fakery", which was very intriguing indeed.

UPDATE: A new link from The Onion AV Club!

UPDATE 2: So I just had a thought; Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse have been saying that there won't be flashbacks, flashforwards, or time travel in Season 6, and that they are planning something different. A few of the Comic Con videos have involved an alternate universe where either the plane didn't crash and the castaways continued living their lives, or, the detonation of the bomb altered events before the crash as well. In one video, Kate was featured on America's Most Wanted for killing her step-father's apprentice by accident, rather than her step-father himself (and another video showed Oceanic 815 crashing on the tarmac in LA). What if this year, instead of flashbacks, etc., we see scenes from this alternate timeline? I don't know what the purpose would be because none of what happened in the timeline would matter unless Lindelof and Cuse (I don't know why I keep tagging J.J. Abrams for LOST) find a way to reconcile the two timelines.

Up next, in the Battlestar Galactica article, the reporter noted that there could be more made-for-TV Galactica movies after The Plan. I don't know how I feel about this; on one hand, I love the show and would enjoy seeing more from that world (and that time, since we are getting Caprica soon). On the other, I don't want some story shoehorned in that doesn't make sense. Finally, I still need to see the Caprica pilot, and if I like it, I will try to follow it here.

Finally, I have not yet read the Dollhouse article because it deals with "Epitaph One", which I haven't seen yet. I can't wait to check it out.

Up next: The Legend continues...

No comments: