Monday, July 27, 2009

The Legend of Neil: Back and Forth

The first three episodes of the "first season" of The Legend of Neil are incredibly hilarious. The next three were also amazing, but, in my opinion, weren't as great as the front half. However, I still waited for the next "season" expecting more greatness. The first episode of "Season 2", which can be found below, was just released and it looks like we are in for another season of laughs.

Legend of Neil, Episode 7

I'm happy to see Felicia Day back as the fairy, though I hope they are able to keep her fresh (she was pretty one-note when introduced, and I'm not sure if they ever meant to bring her back). It also looks like they have a bigger budget. The one thing I wasn't so enthusiastic about was the scene of Neil's day before getting sucked into Hyrule. I feel that the theme song did an adequate enough job explaining things, and unless Neil has to fight the demons of his life (which would add a new dimension to the web series, which, until now, has mainly been about bizarre humor), the scene seems superfluous.

Up next (barring any other updates while I'm in Prague): Back to the galaxy far, far away...

No comments: