Saturday, February 2, 2008

To The Theater

Since LOST is back on to a weekly schedule, I'm thinking that I should talk about it when new episodes air. Up next, I would like to talk about four plays that, in my opinion, are four of the greatest stories I've encountered. I've seen each of them differently, one on Broadway, one on Broadway In Chicago, one as a children's production, and one as a film (but I plan on seeing the show soon). In the above order, they are Avenue Q, Wicked, Once On This Island, and Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. Each tells a very different story, and I enjoy each one for very different reasons. One is a subversive tale of government and identity, while another is a skewed look at adult life. Two of them are tragic love stories, but one is about the beauty of love while the other is a nihilistic tale of revenge.

Up next: No one mourns the Wicked...

No comments: