Saturday, July 26, 2008

Comic-Con: Dr. Horrible, LOST and Heroes Updates

Sorry to interrupt the flow of Christopher Nolan posts, but I stumbled across some very interesting updates from the currently occurring Comic-Con '08. Special thanks goes out to Ain't It Cool News for these stories.

First up is LOST. As much as I love this series (it wasn't #3 for nothing, after all), I have criticized the producers for promising certain things and then not delivering. We have been promised an explanation for the 4-toed statue ever since the middle of Season 3, and despite assurances that it would occur during Season 4, it still hasn't happened. But now, it appears we finally have the beginnings of an explanation. I won't give out details, since not everyone will want to be spoiled (I got a little more information than I would have preferred for both LOST and Heroes), but I will post the links below. Attendees were also treated to a new video with the Chinese DHARMA scientist of the many names. This one may be the most revealing of all, and I would link it here, but it has been removed from YouTube. Lame.

As for Heroes, there are plenty of (invisible) details for the third season that I started to look at, believing them to be merely hints. But I abruptly stopped once I realized that they were much more spoilericious than I thought they'd be. But the news that really caught my eye is the inclusion of a "lost episode" on the Season 2 DVD set. The end of Season 2 was changed due to the writers' strike, and upon learning what the original ending was, I became even more incensed, since it was far superior to what happened (and I'm bitter that one of my favorite characters may have been killed). This episode, which was filmed before the strike (and may or may not be fully produced) took place in the original continuity. This alone may cause me to buy the Season 2 DVD, since I am intrigued, though I think the final decider will be the quality of Season 3... I still can't believe how bad aspects of Season 2 were.

Finally, Joss Whedon has confirmed that there will be more Dr. Horrible coming! Speaking of which, I will probably do a post about the impact of Dr. Horrible on the internet, as well as looking another web series starring Felicia Day.

LOST Article

Heroes Article

Update: Ok, the video seems to be back up, so I will embed a link. Hopefully, it will stay up.



Up next: Na na na na na na Bat-Nolan!

No comments: